Lord, help us to labor under and from your love, not from and under (unrealistic) expectations.
bringing an idea into an actionable stage is incredibly difficult. the visionary can often imagine but fails to translate the dream to reality. here are a few reasons…
- the fragility of the visionary’s heart: criticism in the early stages of a dream can kill the visionary’s initiative—sabotaging productivity.
- the great gulf between the dream and reality: visionaries typically think in terms of “what” not “how.” they know what should happen but they struggle thinking the complexities of how it should happen (dates/times/promotion/general planning).
- there are many other reasons…
the biblical image of a helper is to provide resources for someone that they cannot provide for themselves (genesis 2, psalm 54/4 & 94/17). the visionary needs the helper. here is what the helper can provide.
- affirmation for the visionaries fragile heart: the helper can be a affirming voice at the challenging early stages of a making an idea actionable.
- helping the visionary bridge the gulf: the helper can provide a “how” (dates/times/promotion/general planning) for the visionary’s “what”
- there are many other ways…
often there is tension between these two types of people, there shouldn’t be. there should be harmony.